29 June 2010

The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini

I have recently read the book The Kite Runner. I am 16 years old and I found it very graphic, so if this kind of thing bothers you, this book should be avoided. If not, then I highly recommend this book. I could not put it down! Khaled Hosseini is a truly talented writer; even though the book is fiction, you could swear that he was in the room with you, telling you his life story. It's a book of sacrifice, betrayal, redemption, and the greatest emotion of all: love. Taken place in Iran from the Soviet Union's invasion of Iran to America in the 21st century. Although a lengthy 400 pages, every sentence teaches a life lesson and is well worth it.

Call number: FIC HOSSEINI

Reviewed by Tyler.

1 comment:

  1. If you enjoyed that one, check out his Thousand Splendid Suns. Better than Kite Runner in my opinion! A bit more engaging if I remember correctly...

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?