18 December 2010

GSTBA 2011

I have to apologize for the lack of frequency of book reviews in the past few months.  It seems as though I've been doing less reading altogether, and have stumbled on quite a few books that just haven't sat well with me.  I don't like writing reviews of books that I really couldn't stand, couldn't understand, or that I just think would never appeal to a teen audience.  But I've had to get back into the swing of things as I'm once again reading for the Garden State Teen Book Awards.

The GSTBA is chosen specifically by NJ teens, but the list of nomincations is created by librarians throughout the state.  We draw from the best of the best of a few years back to come up with a large list of books, then we read those books (we don't ALL read ALL the titles, but we divide it up so that we're each reading 15-20 books across the three categories), and then we meet together to fight . . . ahem, I mean to discuss! . . . what belongs on the full nominated list of 60 titles.  Once the list is created, it's up to the teen readers to choose a winner.  You can participate in choosing the 2011 winner by voting HERE, today!  Voting ends in mid-January 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?